What better way to hit the heart strings this Holiday season, than to serve your favorite party dishes warm to the table in an Ohio shaped cast iron skillet. Be the first in your family to start a new tradition of fun gatherings creating memories around signature tastes cooked in a memorable skillet that everyone can enjoy. They say the kitchen is the heart of the home, and we all know that Ohio is authentically "the heart of it all”.
Hang any ferrous cookware up on your walls! Holds up to a 12" skillet.
"Magnetic display hangers are a fantastic way to display your skillets on the wall when not in use. Handmade at American Skillet Company with Maple wood and a powerful neodymium (rare earth) magnet that is strong enough to hold a 12” skillet up without slipping. Hardware is included, just find a stud in the wall!
Gift Boxes Available - one includes just the skillet and the deluxe oincludes the skillet, the Magnetic Holder along with Regional recipe card.
No. All of our cast iron skillets come pre-seasoned and ready to rock-n-roll directly out of the box! However, cast iron is a living cookware, and it needs just a little ritualistic maintenance to keep your pan living longer than all of us.
Cast iron, however, is like a living member to your cookware arsenal. It periodically needs a little maintenance to help keep its non-stick, well-seasoned properties in good working order
Time : 4 minutes, really!
1) Wipe it out Wipe the excess oil & food particles out with a paper towel.
2) Wash it up Hand rinse the inside with warm water only, and a cloth.
3) Dry it off Towel dry and put over heat for a minute or two.
4) Oil it on Drizzle a teeny-bit of oil into the pan, spread it everywhere with a paper towel leaving only a very thin film of oil. It will feel like you’re taking the oil off of the pan again.
5) Burn it in Allow the oil to reach its smoke point over heat, another minute or two- make sure you turn on your kitchen fan, open a window or get whatever ventilation you can.
6) Cool it down Turn off the heat and allow the pan to naturally cool down slowly.