Honeyrun Raw Ohio Honey 8 oz
8 oz container comes in seven different kinds of Ohio Raw Honey:
- Buckwheat - has a earthy, strong, robust flavor, with an aftertaste that is reminiscent of molasses. It is rich in antioxidants and contains a range of vitamins, minerals, and amino acids. Many like to use it as an alternative to cough syrup, since it has a thick, rich texture that coats the throat and can suppress coughs. Many of our customers like to take a teaspoon a day to boost their immune system. It is also great for baking, and can be substituted it for molasses.
- Lemon Verbena Lemon Verbena Infused Honey is summer honey infused with dried lemon verbena herbs grown on our farm. Great for using in herbal teas or toast.
- Lavender -Lavender Infused Honey is summer honey that has been infused with dried lavender petals grown right here on our farm. It is delicate and not overpowering, but with an herbal taste that is great for teas or on biscuits.
- Tulip Poplar - Tulip Poplar honey has a deep, robust, smoky flavor. Great for baking, in tea, on biscuits, and anywhere you want a strong honey flavor. The bees have gathered nectar from the Tulip Poplar trees which bloom in the Hocking Hills region in our apiaries near Laurelville, Ohio. This tree blooms in the Spring, but unlike our traditional Spring Black Locust Honey which is very light, Tulip Poplar trees put out a darker nectar and a stronger honey. Never pasteurized or high-pressure filtered, it retains all the trace vitamins, minerals, enzymes, flavors and aromas of fresh raw honey. Darker honey is even reputed to have more antioxidants. Tulip Poplar honey is extremely flavorful and sweet - great for eating on peanut butter and honey sandwiches, smothered on toast, or even in your coffee.
- Fall Harvest - Fall honey has a richly robust flavor that is extremely flavorful and sweet - great for eating on peanut butter and honey sandwiches, smothered on biscuits, or in your tea.
- Summer Harvest - In the Summer, the bees have gathered nectar from a variety of wildflowers including Canadian thistle, wild blackberries, and clover. The flavor is sprightly sweet, yet mild. We like using this honey on our toast or cereal, as well as sweetening our tea.
Our honey is 100% pure, raw honey; never pasteurized or high-pressure filtered. This is important as it retains the enzymes, trace vitamins, minerals, anti-oxidants, antibacterial properties, and natural taste and aroma of the honey. We are committed to producing the finest quality chemical-free honey.
Local honey has the added benefit of reducing symptoms of allergies, as consuming traces of pollen in the honey may decrease the impact of airborne pollen. We extract our honey three times during the year: Late Spring, Mid-Summer, and in the Fall. This allows for seasonal variations in the color and taste of the honey, bringing out distinct floral flavors and aromas that are representative of Central Ohio wildflowers. Each season brings a different type of honey as the nectar flow changes.