T. Michael Studios
Birdhouse - Reclaimed Slate
- Great for small nesting birds. Wrens , finches, sparrows..etc )
- Squirrel / Raccoon resistant. (cannot open or widen hole to get eggs)
- No Maintenance
- Will outlast wood by 10x times or more.
SIZE : 10" x 6.5" x 6.5"
- Wrought iron hanging stand (sold separately.) Very large, 4 1/2 feet tall x 1 1/2 feet wide.
- The stand is great for areas without trees or better bird watching visability.
- Great for putting in a wildflower garden.
Each piece of slate is very special and unique. It was once used as an Architectual Slate shingle that has been reclaimed from Historical buildings and barns throughout the heartland. Every piece that leaves my studio has a history of its own, and a journey that it has taken. Once I receive it, I sculpt it and mold it into a new form for someone who now will use it to enhance their life and create a new history with their family.
HISTORY : Slate is a very durable rock formed in the earth over 400 millions ago. It has a very low absorption rate to water, which makes it great for outdoor conditions. Even with its thin properties, it very durable and strong which is why it's used in many industrial applications, such as : roofing, pool tables and blackboards.