8 oz - containers come in different kinds of Ohio Raw Honey:
- Buckwheat - has a earthy, strong, robust flavor, with an aftertaste that is reminiscent of molasses. Many like as it has a thick. It is also great for baking, and can be substituted it for molasses.
- Lemon Verbena Lemon Verbena Infused Honey is summer honey infused with dried lemon verbena herbs grown on our farm. Great for using in herbal teas or toast.
- Lavender -Lavender Infused Honey is summer honey that has been infused with dried lavender petals grown right here on our farm. It is delicate and not overpowering, but with an herbal taste that is great for teas or on biscuits.
- Tulip Poplar - Tulip Poplar honey has a deep, robust, smoky flavor. Great for baking, in tea, on biscuits, and anywhere you want a strong honey flavor. The bees have gathered nectar from the Tulip Poplar trees which bloom in the Hocking Hills region in our apiaries near Laurelville, Ohio. This tree blooms in the Spring, but unlike our traditional Spring Black Locust Honey which is very light, Tulip Poplar trees put out a darker nectar and a stronger honey. Never pasteurized or high-pressure filtered. Tulip Poplar honey is extremely flavorful and sweet - great for eating on peanut butter and honey sandwiches, smothered on toast, or even in your coffee.
- Fall Harvest - Fall honey has a richly robust flavor that is extremely flavorful and sweet - great for eating on peanut butter and honey sandwiches, smothered on biscuits, or in your tea.
- Summer Harvest - In the Summer, the bees have gathered nectar from a variety of wildflowers including Canadian thistle, wild blackberries, and clover. The flavor is sprightly sweet, yet mild. We like using this honey on our toast or cereal, as well as sweetening our tea.
- Ginger Lime - We’ve infused pure raw summer honey with freshly grated organic lime zest and organic fresh ginger to create the perfect balance of ginger and lime in a sweet mild honey. The end result is a deliciously spicy, warm, yet zesty citrus flavor. Try it in your tea, mixed drinks (moscow mules or margaritas come to mind!), on your cornbread, biscuits, or as a glaze for chicken and stir fry. The possibilities are endless!
Our honey is 100% pure, raw honey; never pasteurized or high-pressure filtered.
Local honey has the added benefit as consuming traces of pollen in the honey may decrease the impact of airborne pollen. We extract our honey three times during the year: Late Spring, Mid-Summer, and in the Fall. This allows for seasonal variations in the color and taste of the honey, bringing out distinct floral flavors and aromas that are representative of Central Ohio wildflowers. Each season brings a different type of honey as the nectar flow changes.